King Kush (OG Kush x Grape Ape)


Indica
Humboldt Relief
Price: $50 per 1/8th ($45 per 1/8th for members)

AROMA:  The smell of this King Kush has a very piney aroma to it with a slight fruity twist.  I have no idea whether or not those are the crosses, but the scent reminds me of both.  It has a deep earthy pine with a very, very slight fruity undertone.  The meds were a little dryer than I would have liked, so I'm sure it took away from the smell.  Once ground up it becomes much more pungent, and the fruity undertone becomes more apparent.

TASTE:  The strain smokes really well, since it's a bit dry, but definitely doesn't burn too fast.  The fruity undertones almost completely disappear, and the earthy pine completely takes over.  It is a very tasty strain, and as far as I can tell it was grown and flushed completely.  The ash burns completely white/gray, and the flavor is so apparent that there is no way this wasn't done to perfection.

LOOK:  Foxtail nug structure (one of the reasons I'm guessing OG Kush), with dark orange hairs.  The trich structure is absolutely beautiful, and the majority of the trichs are cloudy.  There are more cloudy caps than clear caps on the stalks.  This is a very good looking strain that shines in the light, and for anyone that like the classic foxtail structure...dear God this is a pretty strain.

EFFECTS:  Gradual onset high that puts slight pressure behind the eyes, it's a relatively heavy indica with an interesting twist.  It's not the heaviest I've had, but it is definitely within the upper echelon.  It has a very interesting euphoric twist that has a calming effect.  It has an almost hybrid feel to it at first, but the body high is a creeper.  It took a little less than 10 minutes, but when the body high hit it was relatively intense.  It was still a very pleasant, long lasting, high.  Great for stress relief (for experienced patients...not good for anxiety due to the rather intense body high), pain relief, and muscle relaxation.  Great nighttime strain.

This is a great King Kush with that earthy pine flavor to it.  I was told that there is a patient that only medicates with King Kush, and absolutely loves HR's cut.  I don't doubt that claim for a second.  Unfortunately my nugs were a bit dry, which brought the grade down a little.  Regardless of that, it has been a long time since I've been to HR...I'm now kicking myself for waiting so long to go back.

GRADES FOR

Aroma:


4.5


Taste:


4.5


Look:


4.5


Effects:


4.5


Overall:


4.5


 Get this widget

Labels: ,