Chem D (Mystery Genetics)


Indica Dominant Hybrid
Golden State Patients Association
Price: $45 per 1/8th

AROMA: Lemon pine diesel smell, with a hint of skunk and mint.  It's a great smelling batch of Chem D, and reminds me of the "good ol' days".  The nugs themselves have a nice stank to them, but after they are ground up the stench is ridiculous.  Fans of Chem D unite and get over to GSPA.

TASTE: Lemon diesel fuel flavor with a hint of skunk.  It smokes very well, and leaves a great taste on the tongue.  The after "taste" in the sinuses is also very enjoyable, and reminds me of menthol.   Definitely a batch that needs to be tried if you are a fan.

LOOK: Large popcorn-esque nugs that are covered in capped trichomes.  The nug structure and leafy nature of the nugs remind me of old school Chem D strains I've seen in the past.  It's not the most attractive strain, so don't let the look fool you.

EFFECTS:  There is a nice balance between the indica/sativa highs.  It hits in the head right away, and slowly dissipates to the rest of the body.  I felt it go from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet.  It slowly made my eyes heavy as it relaxed my muscles.  Great relaxing strain good for sore muscles, and my back pain.  There is also a euphoric side to it that gives it an enjoyable twist.  Great midday to nighttime strain.

The origin of Chem D has such a hazy (no pun intended) past that I'm not going to even bother putting up my guess at the genetics.  There are a lot of rumors and legends behind the origins of the strain, but none of them mean anything to me.  This is a high quality, medical grade cannabis strain that, I was told, was a true Chem D cut.  I believe it. 

GRADE: A

Labels: ,